Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Life in the Wild

Author's Note: This essay is on the book Brian's Hunt how I felt. I would also like you to look for connection between my writing and my life.

As a sixteen year old boy living by yourself in one of the most remote places in the country of Canada is not a easy task. The only way you’re going to get food is to catch it trap it or shoot it. It's especially not easy when your shooting a homemade re-curve bow made out of wood you found on the ground. For any other normal human this isn't a easy task but Brian isn't any regular small town boy this is the only way of living he's ever known and probably ever will know. To pile on to all of that Brian found an injured dog and being the good person he is he has to go through all the obstacles that he already had to but now with a dog!

At the point of finding a dog I would not of known what to do to add on to that I never would have lived in that remote part of the world let alone by myself. Somehow Brian found a way for it to work. Which reminds me of the movie national lampoon Vaction? It's not as serious as Brian's story that for sure but it defiantly has the same sort of concept surviving in the wild.

Which leads me to the conclusion that living in the wild might be fun for a few nights but then it would turn not so fun. That’s why I’m very grateful to live where I live and go to school where I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment