Tuesday, February 21, 2012

American Tunnel Worker


Author's Note: This essay is on the miracle that happened to miner in Massachusetts and what I feel about it.

Being a tunnel worker is not an easy job nor is it safe. Being down in a tunnel not seeing day light for hours at a time has to seem like solitary confinement. To make it even worse things can go bad such as what happened in this story.

In Fall River Massachusetts tunnel workers were going through their average boring work day then out of the blue they heard a loud swoosh to follow by what sounded like rock roaring down the tunnel directly in their direction. All of the experienced tunnel workers realized that that was not some ordinary sound. Then out of the corner of their eyes they saw what looked like a black cloud of dust roaring   towards them. The workers had no clue what to do or where to go so they stayed there.

What I would have done at that point? I probably would have prayed terrified; I probably wouldn’t know what to do next. However I would never do that job because it dangerous and I’m sure the pay isn’t all that good either that why I give them so much credit for risking their lives for it.

It just shows when it seems like there’s no way there is if you never give up!






No comments:

Post a Comment